Friday, 16 September 2011

Week 3 at Awesome Walls Liverpool

Last night was week 3 in my 4 week training course at Awesome Walls Liverpool, and this is turning out to be the most fun £90.00 that I have spent in a long time, even without going into value!

Ian who has been our tutor for the duration has been an excellent mentor not to mention patient. In the 3 X 1.5hr lessons so far has somehow managed to take a bunch of complete novice climbers from the basics of tying knots to climbing on a lead rope (this week we also had a top rope but who’s looking).

The speed and content on this course has been excellent, and as the groups are small everything is done at an individual pace. I wasn’t sure how I felt about joining a “course” when I started, but I can say I am going to truly miss it when it comes to an end next week!.

One thing people may not be aware about though, especially if you have never done any climbing before is just how social and welcoming the sport is.  So if you have never tried it get in touch with your local wall and give it a go!

Also please remember I am doing this to raise as much money as possible for the MS Trust so please give as little or as much as you can afford

No comments:

Post a Comment