Last night I start my jogging training for the week, and am currently doing about 1.6miles per run; well you have to start somewhere!
The puzzle is how anyone can find this FUN, and why did I used to enjoy it so much?
A long time ago in a land far far away, I once considered running fun. Sure I was young and impressionable but I actually used to enjoy the challenged and took part in a number of junior middle distance runs as far as 10k. Now middle aged (ish) and no longer so impressionable, although I am willing to go through the indignity of running around my local neighborhood and sweating like a (insert own joke hear), this is only in order to achieve another goal and I am struggling to re-discover my youthful enthusiasm!
So what happened?
Well my guess is that to ENJOY running, jogging, crawling, you need to be fit to start with (something I seem to remember being), and therefore until you are fit healthy jogging simply feels like torture
Fingers crossed further indignity will lead to an increase in fitness and the return off enthusiasm
No comments:
Post a Comment